Writing - Story Ideas
Students will write a short story using one of the ideas listed in this lesson plan.
First, you will give the students the worksheet of ideas on story ideas.
Students can write their story in first person as a non-fiction story, or they can write the story in third person as a fictional story and use different characters. There are also ideas for fantasy stories.
Worksheet of Story Ideas
1. A relationship between a girl and a boy.
2. Your first date.
3. A special vacation you remember.
4. The relationship between you and your best friend.
5. An unusual event in your life.
6. An embarrasing moment.
7. Your trip to another planet.
8. The relationship of two e-mail friends meeting the first time.
9. How you or your friend felt when he or she wrote a best seller.
10. Finding out your have an identical twin.
You can grade on the structure of the story and the mechanics.
100 to 90 = A
89 to 80 = B
79 to 70 = C
69 to 60 = D
Below 60 = F