Giving a Persuasive Speech
In this lesson, students are to give a persuasive speech on a topic listed in this lesson.
This lesson may take more than one class period.
First, students will choose a topic from the list below.
Then, they will write down some notes to help them give their speech. They will take a specific side and present it to the class.
Persuasive Speech Worksheet
Directions: Choose a topic from the list and give your persuasive speech to the class.
1. Should the school cafeteria change the type of food they serve? If so, what types of food should they serve? If not, why not?
2. How many activities should students be involved in at one time during the school year?
3. Is there anything you would like to change about your school? If yes, what would you like to change? If no, why not.
4. If you could change something about where you live, what would it be? If you like where you live, explain your reasons.
5. If you could go on a vacation, where would you go and why?
Option: Choose any other topic that's not on the list that you would like to do instead.
You can grade the studens on thir presentation and how often they had to use their notes. Students should have more eye contact when they give their speeches.
- Physical Education
- Reading & Writing
- Social Studies
- Special Education