Which One Doesn't Belong?
Students will have twenty groups of words. They are to choose the word that doesn't belong in the group.
This lesson is for seond through third grade students.
First, you will copy the worksheet that I have included in this lesson so that each student will have a copy.
Then, you will explain to them what they are to do.
After that, you will pass out the worksheets so they can work on them independently.Worksheet - Which One Doesn't Belong?
Directions: Circle the word that doesn't belong in each group.
1. Boy Girl Man Woman Flag
2. Cat Dog Lion Gerbil Hamster
3. Hamburger Jello Ham Turkey Chicken
4. Car Bus Truck Mop Taxi Train
5. Paper Pencils Pens Crayons Markers
6. January March Monday May June
7. One Four Five Bus Six
8. Monday May Saturday Sunday Wednesday
9. Summer Spring February Winter Fall
10. Peas Pears Peaches Apples Grapes
11. Peas Corn Carrots Apples Beans
12. Sofa Chair TV Bathtub Lamp
13. Stove Table Chair Sofa Sink
14. Swingset Sandpile Teeter-Totter Stove Playhouse
15. Dolls Trucks Games Puzzles Lamp
16. Rolls Bread Pop Biscuits Buns
17. Pop Water Milk Juice Candy
18. Lions Tigers Bears Dogs Giraffes
19. Blankets Sheets Pillows Spreads Dolls
20. Blue Green Yarn Yellow Red
Each one is worth five points for a total of 100 points.
100 to 90 = A
89 to 80 = B
79 to 70 = C
69 to 60 = D
Below 60 = F