This lesson has a worksheet where students will look at the sentences and correct the mistakes.
This lesson is for fourth and fifth grade students.
First, you will copy the worksheet so that each one will have a copy.
Then, you will write the following examples on the board so they can see how to do the worksheet.
Example: Tom and Mary went two a movie?
There are two mistakes in this sentence: Change two to the word to and the question mark to a period.
Worksheet - Finding Errors
Directions - In the following sentences, you need to find all the errors and rewrite the sentences correcting the mistakes.
1. Bobby went outside to play with tom?
2. The Season I like best was Winter.
3. Molly and Candy went to the Bookstore so she could bought books.
4. It's time too go two the grocery store to by a few groceries befor the storm come, Jane said?
5. Hear she came, Jackie said.
6. I like watch mystery shows.
7. I like bying mystery books?
8. The wind blue strong and it is cold.
9. It snows for inches yesterday.
10. Fourty came after fifty.
Each sentence is worth 10 points. Five points for finding the errors, and five points for correcting the mistakes.
100 to 90 = A
89 to 80 = B
79 to 70 = C
69 to 60 = D
Below 60 = F
- Physical Education
- Reading & Writing
- Social Studies
- Special Education