Students will have sentences where they will put in the correct punctuation.
First, you will copy the worksheet so that each student can have a copy.
Then, you will go over some punctuation rules.
After that, you will pass out the worksheets so they can work independently.
Worksheet - Punctuating Sentences
Directions - Insert the correct punctuation in the following sentences.
1. Its time to go to the grocery store Bob said
2. Can we stay up a little longer to read
3. Where is Mindy I cant find her
4. I like watching basketball games
5. Where are we going
6. Wait I just remembered something
7. I dont like scary movies because I have nightmares
8. After we go to the movie we can eat out
9. If you want to watch television you need to finish your homework
10. I have to buy notebook paper pencils pens erasers whiteouts and a notebook
11. Its time to go to bed now so youll have to turn off your lights their mother said
12. Wow I cant believe I have a new car
13. I like eating tacos Mary said I can eat them everyday
14. I have four dogs They are named Tippy Penny Sadey and Cassie
15. Its almost time for school to be out so lets clean off your desks and get your bookbags and coats
16. Jean likes being a freelance writer
17. Jill enjoys being creative Thats why she likes to draw
18. Do you know if we can go to the movies tomorrow Susie asked
19. I dont know because I dont know what I am going to be doing Tina replied
20. Okay Can you let me know tomorrow morning Susie replied
100 to 90 = A
89 to 80 = B
79 to 70 = C
69 to 60 = D
Below 60 = F
- Physical Education
- Reading & Writing
- Social Studies
- Special Education