Second Set of Essay Questions on The Hobbit
The students will read The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. As they read the book, they will take notes so they will be prepared to answer the essay questions in this lesson. They will read chapters seven to twelve. This is the second lesson on this book.
Students will need a copy of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien and a copy of the worksheet. They can use the worksheet to take notes while they read chapters seven to twelve. After that, they can choose two of the essay questions and write their essays on notebook paper. When they have finished writing their essays, they will submit them to you for grading.
Essay Questions on The Hobbit
Directions: Choose one of the questions and write an essay.
1. Write a summary of what happened in the first part of the book.
2. Has Bilbo's attitude changed during this section of the book? If he has, how?
3. Write a summary of what happened in chapters 7 to 12.
4. Read the next part of the book (chapters 7 to 12) and write a prediction of what you think will happen in the last part of the book. Why do you think your prediction will happen?
5. What was the most intriguing part to you and why? Explain in detail.
You can grade them on how well they answered the essay questions. Besides checking for accuracy on their answers, you can check for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, and paragraph structure.
- Physical Education
- Reading & Writing
- Social Studies
- Special Education