Fill in the Blanks - The Hound of the Baskervilles
In this lesson, the students will read The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and then they will have questions to answer on the worksheet that I have included in the lesson.
First, you will need to copy the worksheet that I have included in this lesson so that each student can have a copy. After that, you can assign them the book, The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle to read at home. As they read, they need to take notes. When they have completed their reading assignment, you can pass out their worksheet to do in class. Then, they can submit their papers to you for grading.
Worksheet on The Hound of the Baskervilles
Directions: Fill in the blanks.
1. Sherlock Holmes met with ________________ .
2. Sir Henry Baskerville found his _______ boot.
3. Someone followed ____________ and __________.
4. Dr. Mortimer had a __________.
5. Sir Henry Baskerville inherited __________.
6. Sherlock Holmes talked to the _____driver.
7. Dr. Mortimer was friends with __________________.
8. Sherlock Holmes met with ____________ in Holmes' office.
9. __________ and ____________ work together.
10. Dr. Watson went with Sir Henry to __________ .
11. The Hound of the Baskervilles is a __________.
12. The author used __________ in this book to describe things.
13. Dr. Watson wrote two __________ to Sherlock Holmes.
14. ____________________ wrote The Hound of the Baskervilles.
15. Sir Henry lost his ________ boot.
16. Sir Henry and Dr. Watson stayed at __________________.
17. The author said, "the house glimmered like a ghost..." This is a __________
18. Write another example of a simile. _______________________
19. The author used __________________ to describe scenes besides similes.
20. Dr. Mortimer ________ after Dr. Watson and Sir Henry Baskerville arrived at Baskerville Hall. Answers to Fill in the Blanks
1. Dr. Mortimer
2. brown boot
3. Dr. Mortimer and Sir Henry Baskerville
7. Sir Henry Baskerville
8. Dr. Mortimer
9. Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson
11. classic mystery
14. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
16. Baskerville Hall
18. Answers will vary
You can grade them on the correct answers.
- Physical Education
- Reading & Writing
- Social Studies
- Special Education