German American School of Portland
- Grades: PK-5
- Student Enrollment: 163
- 3900 Sw Murray Blvd
- Beaverton, OR 97005
- (503) 626-9089
- Other Details
- Principal or Admin: Sabine Moyer
- Fax: (503) 626-9730
The German American School (GSP) is a growing, independent school dedicated to enriching the lives of more than 150 students, their parents and teachers through multi-cultural interaction.
GSP is a dual language program where both the German and the American languages and cultures are taught and appreciated. We value the positive effect that learning a second language has on a child\'s intellectual growth and mental development. And we create an environment that develops a child’s natural curiosity about learning and the world around them.
We immerse our children in a warm and caring German-speaking environment at an early age. Our preschoolers and Kindergarteners acquire their first foreign language skills in a playful way without realizing how our focus on art, crafts, music, songs and games gently introduces them to German. In fact, we open the door to more than one culture: We prepare our children to fully participate in our multicultural world. By being bilingual, our children develop a lifelong ability to communicate with people from other backgrounds and exhibit positive attitudes toward other languages and cultures.
Our bi-national grade school program focuses on each student as a whole and offers a curriculum that combines both US and German standards of education, as well as academic, social, and artistic concerns.
The school is at its best in person, so I encourage you to visit the school and experience all that GSP has to offer your family.
Faculty Details and Student Enrollment
- Total Students Enrolled: 163
- Total Full Time "Equivalent" Teachers: 11.5Full-Time Teachers: 9Part-Time Teachers: 4
- Average Student-To-Teacher Ratio: 14.2
- Percent Minority Students: 0.6%
- Males: 47 (28.8%)
- Females: 105 (64.4%)
School Community Forum
Join a discussion about German American School of Portland and talk to others in the community including students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
- Admissions and Registration Questions (e.g. Dress Code and Discipline Policy)
- School Calendar and Upcoming Events (e.g. Graduation)
- After School Programs, Extracurricular Activities, and Athletics (e.g. Football)
- News and Announcements (e.g. Yearbook and Class Supply List Details)
- Graduate and Alumni Events (e.g. Organizing Class Reunions)
School has started throughout the country and is well into the first month-some schools are...
Middle school is for children between the ages of 10 and 14 years. At this time children begin to...
Many parents believe that kids don't experience stress. Nothing could be further from the truth....
- The Widget Offers:
- - Searching By City or Zip
- - Public & Private Schools
- - School Ratings & Grades
- - Simple Embedding Code
- Great For:
- - Real Estate Blogs
- - Education or School Blogs
- - School Websites