Ramona Convent Secondary School
- Grades: 7-12
- Student Enrollment: 463
- 1701 W Ramona Rd
- Alhambra, CA 91803
- (626) 282-4151
- Other Details
- Principal or Admin: Kathleen Pillon
- Fax: (626) 281-0797
Are you affiliated with this school?
- Manage school information and statistics
- Increase exposure of your school to thousands of visitors!
- Reach local parents unaware of the benefits of your school!
- Upload school logo & photos
- Have overall control of your school profile
Founded in 1889 by the California province of the Sisters of the Holy
Names of Jesus and Mary, Ramona Convent Secondary School is one of the
oldest operating schools in California. As a Catholic school, Ramona
provides a Christian environment in which young women develop academic
excellence, spiritual depth, personal integrity, and leadership skills
that will prepare them to meet the challenges of the twenty-first
century. We welcome a diverse student body, both ethnically and
economically, so that students can learn from each other and grow to
appreciate different cultures and traditions. We have created a
comprehensive curriculum that results in a well-rounded student who has
learned to think critically and ethically. We offer our students the
vital tools of education, self-assurance, leadership skills, and
community involvement so that, regardless of their economic background,
they will be able to succeed in their chosen career path and in the
world. Ramona is justifiably proud of our graduates as they pursue their
futures and make their contributions to the public and private sectors.
Among their numbers are teachers and social workers, as well as doctors,
nurses, lawyers, therapists, and heads of non-profit organizations.
Each year at graduation, the long lists of scholarships, grants, awards,
and honors-at-entrance testify to the continued academic excellence of
Ramona graduates. In keeping with her tradition that now spans three
centuries, as well as the charism of the Sisters of the Holy Names,
Ramona continues to prepare young women for the responsibilities and
leadership required in today's competitive and complex world.
Faculty Details and Student Enrollment
- Total Students Enrolled: 463
- Total Full Time "Equivalent" Teachers: 47.5Full-Time Teachers: 45Part-Time Teachers: 4
- Average Student-To-Teacher Ratio: 9.8
- Percent Minority Students: 66.1%
- Males: - (-)
- Females: 463 (100.0%)
School Community Forum
Join a discussion about Ramona Convent Secondary School and talk to others in the community including students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
- Admissions and Registration Questions (e.g. Dress Code and Discipline Policy)
- School Calendar and Upcoming Events (e.g. Graduation)
- After School Programs, Extracurricular Activities, and Athletics (e.g. Football)
- News and Announcements (e.g. Yearbook and Class Supply List Details)
- Graduate and Alumni Events (e.g. Organizing Class Reunions)
School supply lists can seem unending, and the price can add up very quickly. But do we really...
Some of the greatest, most used, and most profitable breakthroughs in science have not been made by...
It's a fact that violence in schools is prevalent in today's society. We hear of school shootings,...
- The Widget Offers:
- - Searching By City or Zip
- - Public & Private Schools
- - School Ratings & Grades
- - Simple Embedding Code
- Great For:
- - Real Estate Blogs
- - Education or School Blogs
- - School Websites